My son is wanting to have a stainless rifle and he has the blue/matte SPS .308 with a LVSF stock. I wish he was not so picky LOL but I think if I bought this stainless for him he would keep it longer if that is what he wants. I know he will not fork over the bucks for a stainless rifle. He is only 13 years old so I might as well get him this rifle.

Was thinking of getting him the 7/08 as I do not have this rifle and brass can easily be kept separated. Is the 7/08 as versatile as the .308?
Oh yeah I do not have a 7/08 so I got something I can play with :-)
I am just thinking this will do it all in the VA woods and field. I am going to head to Cabelas and see if they have this on their rack to fondle.

I saw a Kimber rifle in their used rack a couple weeks ago so I want to see if its still there. Are Kimbers problematic?

BTW I had a Winchester in 7RemMag but sold it as it was too much for our shooting as most deer are not shot more than probably 150 yards.

So what is the consensus of the 7/08 as opposed to the 308?? And I need to find a stainless rifle for the lad. (I like the looks of blue rifle). I guess with my son's stainless LVSF he wants to get its big brother.