My experience is that a guy's satisfaction with rain gear is directly tied to their style of hunting... if you are really active then what you wear MUST move moisture outward via vapor permeability and/or venting, and, conversely the guy who wants to sit for hours in the rain watching a spot MUST have actual waterproof gear... they are at odds IME... the two considerations have been locked in a zero-sum battle in every piece I've ever worn. Meaning, the more breathable, the less waterproof and vice versa.

I typically move slowly or not at all when actually hunting blacktails in the rain (my favorite time to hunt them) so I've put the premium on actual waterproof-ness and durability. That can be a bummer if strenuous exercise is required to GET TO the area that I'm gonna hunt slowly. I've yet to experience a shell that moves enough vapor out (especially if it's actually raining, where that mechanism usually breaks down as the fabric saturates) to be effective AND then keep me dry in an all-day drizzle. Not doubting what has been listed here is excellent and I'm certainly hoping for that miracle garment someday but I'm pretty jaded about it truly existing.

Not mentioned yet is the fart-chimney effect of most raingear. Wow. Manufacturers need to address that one before somebody dies out there.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!