It's been parked next to my motorhome for the two years I've been here...the guy who owns it had only been here once the entire time, so I asked the lady who owns this place about it...told her I thought it was a shame that he was letting it go to hell...(carpet and tires are rotted)

Well apparently she put a note in the customers invoice telling him I might be interested in buying it. The guy calls me and before you know it, I'm handing him a check for $2K... shocked

Supposedly it's been sitting for the last six years since his wife died and he lost interest...it turns out that the guys son recently got in a bad accident and is going through rehab and the guy has taken on another job to cover the bills...he was more than happy to get rid of it.
I had no idea if it would run...I hooked up a battery and nada...no clicks...no ticks...nothing...I kept turning the key off & on....off and on, probably a dozen times before it finally spun the engine...ok....so I sit there and think about it a bit...I figure I better check things before I actually try to start it or even contemplate working on such an old engine...(it's a 1972 50 hp Evinrude) first off I checked compression...150 and 152...cool...so I check for spark at the plugs...no spark...hmmm...change plugs...clean the ignition switch and recheck....SUCCESS!!! spark!!! Hook up water...hook up a fuel tank and turn the key...spit...cough...chug...chug...die... grin go back & find the choke lever...1/4 choke...turn the key again...running but missing...I go back and disconnect the fuel line because I'm pretty sure the water pump ain't working...while there I dick around with the choke....it smoothed right out till it ran out of fuel and died... cool

It's a 24' Kayot...pontoons are in excellent shape...I'm gonna replace the transom wood and mount my 15 hp Johnson as a backup motor before I take it out...this summer might turn out to be pretty nice... wink

[Linked Image]