The strength of the brass affects the safety of loads as well. I've had book starting loads of Varget loosen primers on Federal .308 brass. The loads were pulled & double checked, and the charges & powder were correct. I've also seen Federal 7mm-08 brass that was a little soft, and .38-55 Starline brass that started to loosen primers before they should have. In situations like that, I look for stronger brass, if available.

In general, if I have a rifle that is very strong compared to the brass, I will watch both the chrono and the case heads. Short brass life implies the load is too hot, regardless of action strength.

Excessive headspace can also cause flat primers, even if the load is not excessive.

If the action is old or a less strong design, then I'm going to watch the chrono and use book loads, to avoid stressing the action.

Fooling around with a .300 RUM, I've run some loads that were quite fast & pretty accurate, with good case life in strong Nosler brass, but in the end I backed down some and found even better accuracy.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."