Originally Posted by dingo

Ok Fellas,

I plan on using some Burris rings & bases on my new Rem 700 375RUM, the type with windage adjustments on the rear bases. I've had a few different folk tell me that windage adjustment bases dont like hard kicking rifles and can often shear off the adjustment screw. I think those problems are more likely to occur when the windage screw are not tight enough or locked in place with loctite. Anyone have first hand knowledge on these things?

[Linked Image]
I've seen this setup fail at least a half dozen times. Here's a pretty crummy picture of a .338 Winchester Magnum that came apart on a friend of mine's once-in-a-lifetime brown bear hunt. He said it was perfect when he left SC and it looked okay when he arrived in AK. I took him out to the range before he flew into the field and this happened with his first group. Was it installed properly? I can't say that I know the answer, but I've witnessed enough issues with it to never trust them on a hunting rifle. Obviously, lots of folks love them as they're very popular, but they're more fragile than most other mounts IME. I know that my buddy borrowed one of my rifles and switched mounts on his rifle to when he returned home.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.