I recently picked up an early 760 in what I thought was .35 Rem from an estate. My clue should have been when I pulled the magazine and it was a 30-06 mag. I just figured someone could not find a .35 Rem mag. I just happened to have a .35 Rem mag so I filled it with a few odd rounds of .35 Rem and attempted to fire it. The gun went click and no mark on the primer made me think it had a broken firing pin. After looking it over something told me the gun had been rechambered. I picked up a 30-06 round and it slide in the chamber easily. I went and picked up some .35 Whelen ammo the next day. The gun shoots great and is pretty accurate. Recoil is a bit harsh but doable. I hate that someone took a really nice .35 Rem 760 and rechambered it. I wished they had used a much more common 30-06. I guess the last owner had a thing for taking less common guns and rechambering them since I also picked up a Remington 788 that was originally 30-30 and he rechambered it in 219 Zipper from the same estate.

Last edited by 348winchester; 05/13/17.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.