Originally Posted by Fjold
The last run of left handed Classic Safari Express M70s in 375 H&H were made in 2004 in New Haven, CT. Winchester only made the left handed Safari Classic Express during their run of left handed actions that were made at the end of the year when they changed the machinery over before their annual maintenance shutdowns.

The last run of Classic Safari Express lefties before 2004 were made in 2000. I can't find the history of LH Classic Safari Express before 2000 but since Winchester only made the Classic action in New Haven from 1997 until 2006, there were probably only two or three production runs made of the LH Classic Safari Express rifles (outside of the Custom Shop rifles). Total number are probably in the very few thousands.

Winchester has not made any more LH Classic Safari Express since they moved the production to South Carolina and overseas. USRAC (Winchester) has made left handed M70s in the new locations just not the LH Safari Express models. Browning Arms in Utah retains the rights to make the New Haven style Classic M70s, there were a few made there also.

I would imagine this would apply to my LH Super Express 375H&H that I bought in 97-98? I believe they shortly after changed over to the Safari Express.