Me & a friend were driving home from the county fair when this Badger ran across the road in front of us, all I had with me was my model 60 carry gun. I jumped out of the car & the Badger ran into a grain field & I could see him mowing down the grain as he ran, then he turned & started back towards me, I think because he was a young one & really didn't know what to do.
As he got to about 20 feet he stopped & I gave him a double tap with the 120 gr. TC cast slugs I had in the little 5 shot snubbie. At least one of them hit him & he took off out through the grain field with me it hot pursuit in my rubber Croc's. After about 50 yds. he ran down into a little bit of an old crater (lava) & turned & faced me & I gave him another double tap right in the kisser. This is the only time I've ever heard one make a sound, it was some kind of a squeal/growl, not sure how to explain it but he rolled over & I had him with one round left.

[Linked Image]
I've been shooting Badgers with sixguns for over 50 years & only once have I ever had a chance at a double & this was it. I had spotted a very large Badger running along a little spring so I parked my truck & sneaked back down along an old fence, crawled through the barbed wire & he spotted me & when down his den hole. I sneaked down a little closer & sit down with my back against a fence post & brought my knee's up into the Keith reclining position & waited. After about 10 minutes he slowly came up for a peek & then to my surprise a second Badger came up right behind him, holy pajamas I was going to get two with one shot! I was shooting my wonderful Bisley 41 magnum that has taken a lot of game using the 230 gr. Keith slug & 17 grs. of 2400. The range was about 35 yds. I slowly lined up the sights as the Badgers slowly lined up for me & in my youthful inexperience I rushed the shot & shot over them! Down they went & now I waited & waited, finally one of them came back up but he wasn't happy, I waited to see if his side kick was coming up but no luck, one of them was smart. This time I broke a clean shot & he never moved, I had a dandy Badger. I always go on the forums & give them away, I have Badgers all over the country.

[Linked Image]
I was coming back to town from a deer hunt & this monster Badger was crossing a grain field that had been harvested, I pulled over & grabbed my old model 357 magnum & ran back up the road & waited for him to close the gap. When he got about 25 yds away I think he smelled me because he stopped & raised his head just a bit & then started to turn but held his ground trying to figure out what to do. It was too late, I already had him in my sights using a 173 gr. Keith cast slug & 13.5 grs. of 2400, it punched his ticket pretty good, he made a little move away from me & it was lights out. Can't remember where this one went but somebody made a life size mount out of him, he was a real pig!

[Linked Image]
Every Badger is born with a bad attitude & it goes down hill from there. Most of them will try to get away when they see you but every once in a while you run into one that has a chip on his shoulder & he doesn't want you on his turf, those are the one's you have to be careful with!
This bad boy knew I was shooting HIS Ground Squirrels & he decided he didn't like me. I spotted him from a distance & he wasn't leaving, he was slowly coming over where I was walking through some Sagebrush whacking Squirrels. The next time I spotted him he was about 20 yds away laying flat to the ground & I could see he was mad! I had 2 sixguns with me & I pulled out my very special 7 1/2" 44 special Bisley stoked with 7.5 grs. of 2400 & the 250 gr. Keith & gave him a face full of lead poison just under the chin. That seemed to calm him down pretty fast & I had another Badger pelt to give away.

[Linked Image]

Dick

Last edited by Idaho1945; 05/13/17.