Avoid large bones and do not be surprised if they do not exit. The fusions are a great deer bullet in part because the expand readily but still hang together but seem to expand enough that pentration ends before passing through a moose. I have been involved in 3 moose killed with federal fusions one of which included the very load you are asking about. The 180 fusions from a .30-06 fist shot broke on side shoulder and only penetrated one lung one at a little better than 100 yards a quick follow-up shot to the neck as he tried to run put him down for good. One with a .270 and 130 grain fusions pretty well perfectly broadside top half of the heart was gone moose never moved anywhere but vertical straight down and rolled onto her back in a spot we could drive up to.bullet was against the opposite ribs.
The last one was dispatched with a single 62 grain fusion from a .223 Remington, yes that is legal here, the elderly gentleman had finally drawn a moose tag here and unfortunately broke a few ribs in august before the season and it was all the recoil he could handle. He was backed up by his son with a .340 Weatherby, never even got the safety off. I do not condone this but he is an exceptional shot with this rifle and knew his limits and has killed moose all across Canada but finally drew a tag here in his home province at 70 years old this will probably be his only moose in New Brunswick. I feel I should add having a second gun on a single tag is legal here for residents and they're only allowed a single moose.
I still haven't been able to shoot a moose after 10 years of elegibility and applying myself and may not even be involved a hunt for one this year so far no friends have been drawn so I don't even get to supply a strong back and a sharp knife though that may change.

Last edited by Jamesd1187; 07/06/17.