I have a pre war std that barrel and action dates vary two years. Gun originally purchased by an old family friend, bought from him by cousin, inherited by me. I have had two SuperGrades that had the nice transition of the Monte Carlo and cheek piece, unlike the Collectors example, and like your purchase.

An old friend, likely deceased now who at different times repped for Winchester and Browning, once told me to beware, but never say never at either place, especially before GCA '68. They liked to please customers.

So it has been bedded and maybe padded. Buy it and shoot it and see the envy of others. I have a fifties FN with a custom stock that I shoot that I would not swap for it, but folks rarely snap on what I have. That can be my advantage at the range if I change loads or glass. Folks ignore me. I have three other rifles that draw the crowds. That sometimes bugs me.

Enjoy,

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 07/17/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero