I use one all the time. I'll cut 6'-10' lengths in the field and throw them in a pile under a three sided pole shed on a concrete floor. When the pile on the back porch gets low, I go cut a Gator load with electricity. It seems to me that electric chain saws deliver about as much horsepower as a gas one weighing twice as much, no two stroke smoke, no worry about idling or restarting when repositioning wood, there is a nice buck to put the long lengths in at a comfortable height in the shed, the wind don't blow in there and the ground is dry and level. There is also a barrel stove, an electric log splitter, and a radio and my ears aren't ringing because the saw and splitter are very quiet and only on when I push a button. Also, I can cut a large load of poles in the field with gas much faster and pile it higher on the truck and trailer with a couple of straps. If I were to own only one chain saw, I'd have to go with gas, but I've found that owning several of both, I'll try to use the electric ones as much as I can without needing to pack around a generator too. I haven't tried the cordless ones yet, but if they are like other power tools that I am familiar with, they are handier for small jobs, but not as powerful as corded tools for large jobs.