We went down this road until last month, using cellular only at home for the past 2 years. Found the tethered chromebooks to be extremely limiting, even though our needs are pretty basic. So we learned to use our phones or a tethered tablet for everything. Then caved after the first year and bought a Macbook pro (also tethered) so we could at least do business stuff (print, sign, scan, return, compose) in a pinch. That tiny screen though... ugh.

Last month was the final straw. Sold the chromebooks and the laptop. Bought an iMac and ordered the satellite internet from Dish ($80 for 50 GB, and another 50GB during the night)

It's like the sun came back out after a long winter! Life is normal again. And we don't have to watch our cell limit anymore. Guess I was getting what I paid for and that's what I get for being a cheap bastard. $80 a month is expensive, but it sure is convenient.

Next years step is to phase out all the PCs running W7 at work, and convert over to Mac. I wont ever have anything to do with W8 or W10 (again). I just need to find solutions for Quicken, and for our employee timeclock software.