Originally Posted by gunner500
Thanks Guy, you bet, standard H&H, I took the old H&H to max power more than 20 years ago, used IMR-4350 and W-W 760 powders to power the 300 gr BTSP's from Hornady and Sierra to 2700 fps in a Browning Safari 375 H&H, accuracy was great and brass lasted forever, that rifle is another I regret selling. cry

The 300 gr Partition will have a bit longer bearing surface than the BTSP's so I use RL-17, it's a bit slower burning, 81 grs in 'my rfle' is perfectly safe with both the NPT and BBW solid, that old cartridge will still certainly carry the mail so loaded ;]

My 375 AI [rube goldberg] will run the 300 gr solids to 2900 fps and the 270 TSX's to 3100 if you want to lean on it that hard, I load the 270's to an even 3K and the solids to a very easy 2700 now.

Wow! Very cool. I've only been shooting one for about nine years, and never ran it that hard. Learned that a lot of factory 300 gr ammo produces muzzle velocity in the 2400 - 2500 fps range.

I've only used mine on a few black bear now. It did work real well, despite being rather under-employed.

Regards, Guy