Originally Posted by olhippie
...I'd like to correct one point in this thread. It was not Kimber of "Oregon" who put these sporterized Mausers on the market. Just after Greg Warne sold the financialy troubled Kimber of Oregon to the Kimber of America people. The new owners desperately needed funding to make a move to what is now thier Yonkers NY facility,and to tool up the plant for production of the 1911 pistols they planned to produce under the Kimber of America name. As a first means to effect an infusion of additional capital,the new Kimber owners bought up a couple thousand surplus Swedish model 96 Mausers,and a couple hundred surplus model 98 Mausers (cz24s, the numbers are scuttlebutt). It was the sale of these Kimber sporterized Mausers that helped the fledgling Kimber of America get on it's 'feet' and start production in the Yonkers location...I bought one of the Kimber 98's in .338 Win. Mag. It will make minute of angle with it's favored Winchester supreme ammo....

Thanks for the info and correction. I just looked at the picture of the barrel again and it says "Kimber of America" instead of Kimber of Oregon.

HBB

Last edited by hillbillybear; 02/15/07.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.