Originally Posted by jmh3
If you go to the 160 ttsx you will need to keep them moving pretty fast. A bunch of us have been experimenting with them in the .338 Fed and, like all Barnes, they need to be moving. We've been loading around 2900 fps or so in the Fed.

If you want something that will perform below 2500 fps look at the 200 FTX from Federal. It is designed for the .338 Marlin Express and expands violently even at .338 fed velocities. It was a little too soft for my liking even at full power .338 Fed velocities, but would be perfect for what you want to do.

Best answer right here...

Cast bullet manual should give you and idea of a load to be loading them in the 30/30 speed range...

I dust off my Browning 338 mag once in a Blue Moon and take it out to the range....

using a load of Unique.. shooting it in the 30/30 speed range..

or have used Blue Dot also..

but also have 4 eight pound kegs of SR 4759, I know where its at...
and NO, none of it is for sale, unless I drop dead and then you can contact my wife on that one..

once I built a 338/06, the 338 Mag lives a life as a safe queen.. but then its against my religion to
get rid of a tack driving rifle.. so safe queen she be...

same with her sister the 300 Win Mag...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez