Originally Posted by Horseman
Originally Posted by Reyn
Originally Posted by Reloder28
. I wonder if anyone has contacted Sako on this matter?

I have read that plenty have and the problem was never resolved. This very issue is why I never purchased a Sako despite really wanting one. One would think if the ejector is the same on all then they would all exhibit the same issues.

The issue isn't the same on all 85's because case length and weight affect ejection angle. Eject a 85 slow and watch the case go straight up until the extractor takes over and turns the direction of the case almost 90 degrees. It's asking a lot of a bolt action mechanism and a minor difference in case length changes things sometimes enough to cause problems. Also how fast you operate the bolt makes a huge difference on this action. More than other rifles with standing ejectors IME.

Yeah, I remember it being more noticeable in longer actions it seems. There are some videos on Youtube of folks showing what it is doing. There was one video where one guy kept asking questions in the comments because he was considering one and was concerned with it. I messaged him and asked if he ever bought one and he linked me to a video he did where he also had the problem.