Originally Posted by drover
The simple answer is that they were introduced to answer a question no one was asking.

drover

Consumers don't ask for a lot of things. Companies research and market new products. If the idea is good, people run after them, dollars in hand. If not enough people buy, they go away.

You are encouraged to contact companies like Remington or Ruger and express your opinion. All the companies distribute surveys, run contests, count page hits, check email, etc. searching for something that will make them money. They gather information from many sources. Future sales result, in part, from this.

Why has the 6.5 Creedmoor been a success? Were consumers demanding it, or was it developed, tested and marketed?

Years ago, I remember a prof telling us that products do not have to be useful or fairly priced. They only have to be cheap and easy to manufacture, combined with an ad campaign that will generate sales. He went on to say that profit is not dependent on sustained (long term) sales. Everything has a life. That's why marketing plans are released annually.

Rifle looneys want things that, for the most part, ain't gonna happen. Looneys fall outside of the profitability bell curve. I guess that's why manufacturers still sell 30-06s, Tasco scopes and cup and core bullets. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]