Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just so we are all clear....there is just over half the state still to see east of Great Falls.

It's easy living on the west side. Things are a bit rougher over here.

Might be interesting to the right person.

Fun Fact number one....

Turner Montana is the furthest away from a major league sports team in the lower 48.

Fun Fact number 2

The most rural place in the lower 48 is Scobey Montana.

There is no fun fact number three.

Oh...I forgot...the most conservative place in the United States is Garfield County Montana.

There is a big assed penguin in Cut Bank.

Havre is the clap capital of Montana.

The creepiest place on earth is the old SAC base north of Glasgow.

You can get 2 Wanda burgers in Malta for a discount on Double Wanda Wednesday.

See? All sorts if neat stuff on the east side.

I lived in Garfield County for a couple years. Not sure that Fallon might be more conservative.

Most people do not have the patience to really travel to/through eastern Montana to really get an appreciation for it and all it has.

Fun fact (in my own mind anyway) the Missouri River Breaks are the some of roughest ground in Montana that almost no one ever sees but can be absolutley stunning. Makoshika is pretty dang impressive. Right now, the Wolf Mountains are a sight to behold. About as pretty as I have ever seen. Little Bighorn and Bighorn are the same.

The gumbo around Sumatra, Ingomar Vananda etc. are something that you have to eperience. The divide south of Sand Springs towards Ingomar is where one of the last, if not the last free ranging buffalo was shot out in that roughass county. You have to spend an afternoon or an evening at the Lilly. Better yet, go on a day there is a rodeo or roping.

You have not experienced western, until you have been to the Jimtown bar.

Last edited by Tarkio; 05/27/18.

Montana MOFO