Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PS Even by the words of the Amendment, income was deemed by our Courts to refer only to profit/gain, not to mere wages. Wages aren't income. If wages were meant to be taxable, so would a business owner's gross earnings, but only a business owner's net earnings are taxable as income. Since a wage earner's salary always exactly equals his gross earnings, with zero net (the value of one's wages equals exactly the value of one's labor investment), none of his salary is taxable as income, and this was the ruling of the US Supreme Court.

At a certain point, the Federal Government just decided to ignore these accepted definitions so as to implement the Marxist system we have today, where one's wages belong to the government , ab initio, and then the government determines how much of it you will need to support yourself, similar to the system in the Old South where black slaves were put to work on jobs in town ... his owner received the salary form the employer, and then paid the slave enough from it only to support himself (so he could pay for rent, food, etc..).

I guess I'm not smart enough to understand your post. My gross profits are figured before expenses. So I need to be taxed on my gross? You've never been in business, I can tell.