Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by J23
The guys were allegedly operating an illegal grow on state property. I agree that the law was being broken. I don't really see why ten plants necessitated a helicopter, but I'm not the Colonel. Perhaps they found it during a routine Marijuana eradication op, hence the helicopter? One suspect fled. If you flee, you'll likely be chased, and hopefully caught. I'm on board with that. But "chasing" and eventually running over the guy with a damn bulldozer?!? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.

Why were they using a dozer to try to find a fleeing suspect in the first place?!? How about a foot pursuit, a car, or ATV? No K9 available? A bulldozer?!? Like a Case 750xl? That kind of a machine?? I mean I know it's PSP, and they have an operating budget larger than the military of many small nations, but WTF do they need a dozer for? They just happened to have a dozer there? Or did they commandeer one? I'm not sure which would be worse. Was the Trooper qualified to operate it?

If that had been a city department or a county Sheriff's Office, someone would be in some deep s**t. Of course, in my experience, standards are a little different with state police and federal agencies.

That report's gonna be a real humdinger.

jesus...did you read the thread?

the game commission operator was on the grounds dping work with the dozer. he found the vehicle and grow operation and called the police

police respond, locate the two suspect who run. police call helicopter in. they capture one suspect snd locate the other via chopper chopper directs dozer operator accompanied by trooper to clear a path to last known area of second subject.

suspect 2 to stupid to run from approaching dozer and gets run over

I think many are assuming he could run. Maybe ya'll have never seen thick woods grown up and interlaced with vines where you can't run through. I use to clear roads through that stuff. I worked with a saw ahead of a dozier and skidder cutting stuff too big to push. There have been many times one of those guys have nearly hurt me bad with a small tree slapped on me because the stuff is too thick to see anything in front of you and too thick to move through. Several times I have only been able to get out of the way because I has a power saw saw in my hands.