website for GNMP

We visit Gettysburg nearly every year of a couple days, so I have a few tips you may want to consider.
Check out the GNMP website ahead of time, particularly the Ranger talks. Always worthwhile, and free of charge.
Consider getting the Personal Ranger Guided tour available at the Visitors Center. I believe it's $65 for it, but these guys know their stuff and I think you'll enjoy it.
Shaara's "Killer Angels" is a good book, but I'd much rather recommend Shelby Foote's "Stars in Their Courses" for reading.
The "new" Visitors Center is a waste of time IMHO. Most of the exhibits are mostly interactive computer stuff that tell you the "PC" history of the war. I'd say skip it altogether, but the cyclorama is worthwhile, and to see it you're obligated to the whole thing.
Above all, take the time to walk around and read the individual "unit Markers" and history. I think if you reflect on the small unit history and personal side of things the ground actually seems to come alive.
Shoot me a PM if you got any questions. Wifey and I are thinking about going for a weekend in August.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden