I was at a retail store and they entered my first choice right at 9....took until about 9:05 for them to get the message that tag was gone. Did get my second choice about 5 minutes later. Simultaneously, I was on a laptop and trying to buy a tag at 9....was on DPW site, logged in and when trying to open the "elk" link got a message that network was down. Wheel was still spinning when I left the store with three tags they processed around 9:30.

At a regional caucus last week (SE region) and asked why they moved online sales back to same time as on-site and retail the manager said he had been assured that the computer system would be up to the challenge this year (he didn't personally seem convinced). He didn't explain why they moved the date back. Anyway, it obviously still needs work, but at least on the retail side it was a bit better in that their system seemed to be working, if slow. Last two years the retail side didn't work either.

Wonder how many guys put a fist through their computers this morning as the goatfluck continues.