I have an older Winchester model 70 in .243 that would like to shoot a lot, but I don't want to ruin the bore by shooting full house loads in it. Say the 3,000 to 3,100 f.p.s. stuff. So I've come up with an idea that may save on the bore erosion. Here it is and does it sound feasible? If you look into Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook you will see as an example: 21.5 / 5744 with the 85 gr. cast bullet for a velocity of 2324 f.p.s. and a pressure of 25,300 p.s.i. Am I thinking correct when I say why don't I load this same load only use the 85 gr. jacketed bullets that I want to use. If you look at the Lyman Reloading Handbook 49th Edition the lowest starting load is 34 / 4064 with the 85 gr. jacketed bullet at 33,500 cup and a velocity of 2824 f.p.s. Would 21.5 / 5744 or any of the maximum cast loads be ok to use with the same weight jacketed bullets with the hope of creating less bore erosion. The drop in velocity doesn't bother me, I'm just punching paper and metal targets. Thanks for your opinions. RRM