I've always had a yearning for a Remington Model 141 GAMEMASTER chambered for the .35 Remington cartridge. An opportunity to trade for one fell in my lap a few weeks ago, a deal was struck and made. The rifle is in very good condition. I'm very pleased with the swap, however one thing about the new/old rifle did not sit well with me. One of the prior owners had a red rubber recoil pad installed. Not only does the mild kicking cartridge not need a recoil pad, the contrivance made the length of pull to great for me. I must say, they did a good job with the installation of the recoil pad.

I set the rifle aside and stewed about it for a while. Last week, I was sure that I'd never be happy unless I restored the rifle to it's original configuration. A check at Gun Parts/Numrich indicated they had one Model 141 butt plate in stock. The caption did not state the material of construction, and I could not tell if it was aluminum/steel/plastic/bakelite or whatever. All they noted was, "later model," which was encouraging because my rifle was manufactured in 1949. On a leap of faith, I dropped the $22 plus $7 shipping and ordered the part.

It arrived yesterday. Thrilled, it's aluminum and in like new condition. Removal of the recoil pad was easy enough with a deep diving skinny screw driver, and a quick trip to Peck Ace Hardware resulted in two very acceptable screws.

I love it. Happy now.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by dannycreasy; 11/21/18.