Glad I read this. I tracked one that carried my buck off. Recovered buck and close to bear. If I would have gotten up the mountain at first light as planned I’d have shot him. I spooked him midday and Neighbors Nephew dropped him st few hundred yards above us. I nearly died packing out the buck. If I would have had to pack out while bear solo at 1500’ I’d still be there pulling. I didn’t see whole Bear Reg so very glad it wasn’t me shooting. I thought I was finally good on all PA regs but guess I need to review again. Realistically I’d much rather and more like to shoot one by the house as they have become desensitized to the point they will eat in my front yard after taking trash or even Thanksgiving corn decorations. I’ve got video of them stealing corn off my front entrance in daylight and they where there eating it with dogs and kids screaming when I got home. Neighbor lost an older dog to a mauling so I’d prefer these locals get thinned a bit. It’s a bit unnerving hearing them in the bush waiting when your rolling garbage to curb. Company Borough contracts comes all different hours and wants very small portable cans. Makes it too easy for bears and nothing I can do about it. Thought about the bear fence for cans but pretty sure they won’t take trash if cans are in one.