The harvest rate is several times what a compound and traditional bows are. They are a lot like a shotgun with a slug barrel. The guy with a new crossbow was at the range. he was putting arrows in a 2" circle @ 50 yds. He had it on a rest. There is no comparison between that and a compound. It even had a 500 dollar scope tha illuminated. I didn't even think they were legal. It is going to change game harvest laws very soon with the higher harvest rate. I will say, there seems to be less wounded deer stories from crossbows. Wisconsin has to make changes. They need to make a separate season for them , or reduce the doe harvest to make up for the better efficiency of crossbows. Crossbows sales was up 5,000 from last year but down 9,000 traditional deer tags, and down 14,000 gun deer sale tags this year form last year. That being said, we may not have to reduce doe tags cause there are less hunters out there. . . . And I'm not against crossbows, they have their place for older guys and disabled. I am 55 and hurt my rotator real bad pulling back on a buck on Nov. 7. I was so cold and stiff I couldn't pull back the bow. Then I tried harder and pulled my rotator, so I try harder while the buck is standing there , chip shot if there ever was one and would almost for sure been a dead deer and would shave been my best buck in 10 years. I may have to go to e crossbow but I love my Mission Endeavor bow. I only have it at 47 lbs pull to boot. Took me a week just to be able to pull it back again. Went back out and drew back on s mailer buck on the last day of bow and was so happy I could do it I didn't even care I didn't get the deer. I have to say , I dont like it when I see 30 yr olds , a foot taller and 100 lbs bigger than me out there with a crossbow. This tells me they are capable , just too lazy to practice.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/08/18.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23