Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by 163bc
Cabelas and Bass Pro are in business to make a profit not provide lifetime warranties on boots, flashlights, ball caps and other stuff. Any business that wants to last will be in it for profit as well.

they just need to have a good warranty….people are to dishonest....buy a set of boots....use them and then return them, and on and on.

people brag about getting one over businesses…..just listen to some on this forum......bob

[quote=BobMt]

^True statement.....

I really like my Cabela's "Guide Gear" g-tex "parka" (shell). It performs as well as (or better) any of the mountaineering/hiking oriented shell gear and i've had 'em all over the last 30 yrs.

However, with this corporate transfer to BPS i am confident the "life-time guarantee" will no longer be honored. In legal parlance, "life time" can include the lifetime of the company who sold it..... Cabela's original corporate "life time" has ended with the acquisition by BPS. Depending on the purchase contract BPS can choose to honor the Cabela's brand guarantee or not. Unfortunately, BPS is not willing to honor that guarantee and honest folks who only use that guarantee when actually needed are left out in the cold.