Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Wrongside
In addition to h22's crackers, ( grin ) avoid camping at established, heavily used sites if at all possible. We use floorless shelters almost exclusively and mice have only ever been a problem once. A regularly used horse camp.

Or, bring a few mousetraps and a little peanut butter, the traps weigh nothing. We had a problem once at one of our camps that wasn't used at all, just a good west-facing aspect with tall grass and lots of mouse food. A mouse chewed through my buddy's longbow string, put him out of business. Next season we brought three traps each.

As soon as we settled into our bags the first night, they started going off. Second night was quiet.

Definitely. Good point. Drag about the bowstring...

Getting away from backpacking here, but... One of our elk camps- 2 wall tents- stays in for 2-3 months some years. Even being as tidy as we can, mice caught on and got to be a problem. I brought in a bunch of traps and that snapping at night was music to our ears. When camp is in we leave traps set all the time now, and only catch the occasional Mickey Mouse. Between mouse traps and solar bear fence, camp has been unscathed for years.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.