While I haven't bowhunted in the last 8 seasons or so, I have still shot recreationally during that time. I have a 2012 Bowtech, and it does everything I need it to do. Sure there are better bows out there, but the price as mentioned in another thread I think is what's chasing some people away from archery and bowhunting. Archery seems to have gone just the opposite of guns. There are lots of accurate rifles now for sub $500, but archery prices keep going up year end and year out.

I'm looking to get back into bowhunting pretty heavily when I get back home to AK once my contract gig is up. With my kids getting older, no longer tied down with being AD military, and my wife and I making more money than we ever have, I want to be able to go to a different state every year and bowhunt whitetails, and chase moose, bear, and caribou in AK with my bow.

As far as bow sales vs. crossbow sales, all one has to do is watch any hunting show or read a hunting magazine and see how much more crossbows are now advertised than they were 5-10 years ago.