Originally Posted by memtb
My limited knowledge suggests, when they work.....they “lift”! When they don”t lift.....you’re “forked”! grin

That said, Many years ago Hyster was a good machine. A few years ago, I used some of the newer stuff with “joy stick” controls. I’m old.....it was no joy! memtb
Years ago, the boss rented a boom forklift to load a bunch of roofing material on a building. He picked me to drive it. It was one with several different steering modes: rear steering, crab, 4 wheel. The hydraulics were going bad and when you turned the wheel, you might go there or you might go somewhere else. I was close to the building and turned left. It went right and bumped the building, cracking some plaster inside. The boss was 'displeased'. Later, I needed to return it to the rental place. Going down the street, the steering really went crazy. No matter which way I turned, it would go somewhere else. I finally got it off the street into someone's front lawn and we left it there for the rental company to deal with. I was heading for a busy street and it would have been a disaster.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.