JB..

I have a Model 70 in 22.250 that is kinda custom barreled, with a 28 inch Pac Nor on it..one of my personal favorite rifles..

But playing with load development when the barrel was new, I tried a load out of a manual for a 225 Winchester, and it was a one hole shooter in this rifle... so I stayed with it..

That was 25 grains of IMR 4198, with a 52 grain Speer HP... which has been a very effective prairie dog killer and sage rat round..change the charge up or down even a tenth of a grain and the groups open up! But at 25 grains , my Mv is at 3400 fps.. which I can live with easily...basically it is another 223 equal.. with a 223 barrel life...

Another 22.250 gets the fast loads, but not a lot of shots as I use it strictly for those WAAY out there shots..Ruger VT...But the Winchester is pretty darn good out to 350 to 400 yds... the Ruger might see 5 to 10 shots in a long day...

cheers
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez