I special ordered a Model 110 Lightweight Storm in .250 Savage from the factory two years ago and had my local smith immediately punch it out to A.I. when it came in. The ultra-lite 20" barrel hurts velocity a little, but it will put three 100gr Partitions into 3/4" groups pretty consistently at 100 yards. I also tried some 85gr Nosler BT's and they shot just over MOA with a load I plucked out of a manual, but I've yet to sit down and properly develop a load for them.

One thing I did have to change when I punched it out to the Ackley was the mag box and follower. Switched to a factory .308 mag and follower and if feeds reliably about 95% of the time. Every now and again I'll get one that hangs up a bit (similar to how the 6.5 CM hangs up in the Savage's), but just taking the forward pressure off the bolt momentarily alleviates the hangup. Pretty sure it's being caused by the steep shoulder angle catching on the chamber mouth, which can easily be fixed by chamfering the chamber mouth a little. Just a matter of getting around to pulling the barrel and doing it.

Last edited by MrFurious; 07/30/19.

As long as there's still lead in the air, there's still hope!