Dewker, Pact,

I made an error that I corrected in my other post. Per the Historian "... in 1933 they (Model 29's) jumped to a higher block of numbers starting with 118,000 and added suffix letters to distinguish between three types- "K" for branded gun receivers for Model 75's and 29's, "L" to indicate regular Model 29, and "M" to indicate regular Model 75". Pact - I would think that your Model 49 was a "Brand" marking rather than a mis-marking.

The Model 75 serial numbers that Pact listed are interesting. The Historial stated that the Model 29 serial was change from a 4 digit to a 6 digit number during the first year of production (100,000 jump). The serials Pact listed would have been numbers that the Model 29 skipped over. Did the Model 75 start with the skipped numbers or did they come later in production. The Savage records indicate that Savage stopped logging the 29/75 in late 1931. There doesn't seem to be many 29/75 collectors to get information from. We may never know the full history but we can keep working on it.

Rick....

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!