Per Mule Deer, "Among the most reliably accurate loads for the 225 AccuBond is enough Varget to get 2700+ fps, which makes it easy to place shots at 400 yards".

Varget is what my friends use for there 225 Accubond load. One of them with the tricked out Remington 700 and the big Burris Eliminator scope has no problem hitting the Ram at 800 yards at our local range. What is really impressive is when he hits the Ram's the nose, on purpose. If I was not a long time fan and user of the .338 Winny and 338-06 I would be using the same Whelan load and make up an under 7 lb. rifle for it.

I believe that load is a candidate for an all around Alaskan big game load. It seems to have all the "right stuff" for big critters near or far, good bullet design, large diameter and sufficient muzzle velocity for delivering sufficient impact velocity at real world hunting distances. It also does not recoil like a .338 Winny in most rifles and one can usually get 4 to 5 rounds in the magazine. Not that 4 to 5 rounds in a magazine is needed in a magazine if the shooter does their part, but the magazine is a great place to store extra ammo!

Last edited by 1Akshooter; 09/06/19.