They can be found used but it is rare. Usually the guy selling has buddies standing in line if they ever want to sell it. As far as piecing one together, There is no kit or system per say but I can do a package price but am not allowed to advertise it online due to the MAPP agreement. Near the holidays there is usually a sale that save $50-$60 on new ones.

You pick and choose the accessories you want. I always recommend the carry case, the battery pack and a support of some sort. They make a little tri-pod but any tri-pod will work. I don't put batteries inside mine for fear of the batteries leaking and ruining it. . I only use the battery pack. Any USB battery pack will work. The one they sell will last all day. I started with the metal table top plate but is looks to be discontinued. They came out with a new small tripod called the "Bench and Tripod All Purpose Mount" recently that is really slick and a lot lighter. All the stuff stores in the carry case.

At the range I use my smart phone as a remote to operate it. I have had most every chronograph made and this is the only one that allows you to compute the actual BC of your bullets. It reads from the muzzle and is capable of giving 5 readings per shot on out to 100 yards with 7mm or larger bullets. Smaller bullets still get 5 reading but not so far out. The interval lengths are easy to change in the set up. That BC feature is not built in but on the web you can fine calculators that will do it. . Once you get the hang of the LabRadar it makes all other chronographs obsolete.

I have owned most chronograph ever made. The only other one I have kept is the Magneto Speed. just because it is smaller and handier for just spot checking a few loads in the field but still affects the accuracy of some rifles when it is hooked to the muzzle.

Last edited by HiredGun; 10/03/19.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO