Originally Posted by Xs247
I’ve tried almost everything in this price class and the best I’ve found is the Nikon Monarch 2000.
I’ve ranged deer past 1000 with mine, non of the Vortex rangers would measure as far.

What did you like about this one, or what specifically did you see that was superior to others? The price on Amazon is around $100 less than the others with similar capabilities.

I was looking at that Leupold RX2800 and it seems to be pretty good, it's selling for $385 on Amazon, might be a bit cheaper somewhere else but I haven't gotten down to serious price comparisons yet, still looking at features.

Really just want something to help with long range shooting of steel targets. We have a lot of desert around here where you can back up a mite but would need to know the exact range. Also if shooting at established shooting ranges their target distances can vary a bit from what they say. A bottom line unit would probably fit my basic needs but it's usually good to get a bit better than what you think you need without going overboard.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!