Was wanting a trim stalking version of my 9.3 and thinking of building one when I saw this on GB. Was pretty much setup exactly How I wanted (minus open sights) so I grabbed it for a great price. Just got it back from a barrel chop and installed the sights. Wasn’t familiar with the stock and accidentally saw a Winlite whilst Googling.

Haven’t found anything else that looks close but don’t know for sure. I read McMillan made these for the Win 70 but don’t know if they ever made one specifically for the Mark X.

I suspect this was a takeoff that some one opened up for the Mauser’s bottom and then bedded the entire thing. It’s a very stiff stock and weighed in at 23 oz. The only thing that makes me wonder is the buttstock almost sounds/feels hollow; definitely different than the modern McMillans on my and my buddy’s other Mausers.

Is that typical of the Winlite? Perhaps Winchester spec’d them out that way? It’s a nice stock regardless-very light and trim, but my curiosity is killing me. My buddy thinks it could be a MPI as they apparently made a featherweight type stock with schnabel ends for Mausers. I googled but could find no pics of any such MPI stock and no other brands I googled look like this so I’m reasonably sure it’s a Winlite, but confirmation from those who’ve had one would be nice.

TIA

Pic link ‘cuz posting here is a PITA.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3QH7VE8

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...