I have used 2x Leupold and Burris scopes on various handguns over the years, including S&W .44 mags, various Contender barrels, and my current FA .454 Casull. The .454 has proven over the years to be a bit hard on scopes- At one time, I had two Leupolds, and two Burris scopes, all of which ended up failing at some point, and sent back to the factory for warranty repair.

Most recently, I have been using the relatively new model Gen 2, Ultra Dot. I really like this sight- it features a 2 MOA dot, and by all accounts, is nearly bombproof on big bore handguns. It seems to be easier to acquire a sight picture with it than with scopes, and both eyes open use helps.

Thanks to Max Prasac, and his informative writing on the .480 Ruger, I have ordered a Ruger Super Redhawk in that caliber, and already have another Ultra Dot Gen 2 ready to mount up once it gets here.
Btw- Mr. Prasac's Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers is a great read, for anyone interested in big game hunting with the big bores. Lots of good info on everything having to do with big handguns.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....