My original guns are mostly original. The rifles are both highwalls. One gun, a 40-65, was put back together after parting an old built up varmint rifle for the action. An original #4 barrel was relined for this rifle. The other is a 45-70. This is a nice old rifle. The original barrel had been shortened with a file cut dovetail for a rear sight. A new barrel was fitted. The new barrel was an original factory #4 that was rebored and re-rifled for 45-70. It's like a resurrection putting these old rifle back in their original form.

I've got two modern Sharp's replicas. The Pedersoli 45-90 Sharps is the rifle I shoot most. These modern made guns give excellent performance. I think the Pedersoli is good value and a good shooter. In all fairness the OP needs to share how addictive single shot rifles can get.

Most of the threads I have seen in recent years are from people who want make up modern magnums loads for the Sharps replicas. The idea is the modern Sharps action is as strong as a Number One. After one shot these guys will figure out how they went wrong. Gun will be OK but the shooter will know the true meaning of recoil. Put that under it seemed like a good idea at the time.