Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by scottishkat
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
A couple of my friends both leased tundras lately for super low lease payments. No money down and about $250 a month.

They like them but both complain about getting 12 mpg.

Your best place to find an answer is a Toyota forum.

Bb

Do you Tundra owners find the mileage to be in the 12 mpg range? That 5.7 is a big engine. I note their web site says 13 to 14 city slightly better on the highway. Most reliable truck out there right now.

My 07 F150 is starting to bite back a little and debating whats next.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

I tow a boat a few times a week and I average 15.7 mpg. Mine is a 2015 with 5.7.

I don’t know how that’s possible, I owned 3 different Tundras and 15.7 was a good day on the highway empty. It would drop to between 8-10 mpg with a 3500 lb boat hooked up. I got 4-5 mpg pulling a 8000 lb boat for 1000 miles from Florida to Texas all highway, doing at or under the speed limit.

I’m not sure. I live at sea level, not sure if that matters. When my fuel gauge reads empty, I usually fit 22 gallons. If I run the whole tank on the freeway with no load, that will get 350-360 miles. If I towed my boat on the freeway for the whole tank, I come in at a few miles on each side of 300 miles on the tank. My boat tows at 3400 lbs or so.

Last edited by Gooch_McGrundle; 08/22/20.