Hello the Camp!

Looking for someone with more than one Rodeo under their belt mounting scopes on Ruger #1's.

The gun: #1 custom from Colton in Brooks, Oregon (circa 1984), chambered in .257 Colton: proprietary cartridge which is a "sensible" belted magnum (a shortened .264 with a sharper shoulder). Almost a perfect little brother cartridge to my .276 Ackley.

The scope: (came with it and my favorite): 3x-9x Leupold Compact.

It's on there and operational. But I want it back further. I am aware of offset rings by Ruger and Leupold (usually sold in singles) for the #1, but the Compact's issue is that the TURRET is the obstacle to rearward positioning rather than the bell. (Currently I've still got about 1/4 inch of tube before touching the flare of the objective bell, but the rear ring is against the rear of the turret). It's my understanding that the offset rings are primarily designed for positioning on the front.

Buy the offset ring and put it on the rear? Buy two offset rings? Anything other than Leupold or Ruger to explore?

Anyone struggling with this previously and finding success would save me a lot of trial and error.

Thanks in advance.

"I have always disliked the words 'authority' and 'expert' when applied to those who write about guns, shooting,and hunting. I have never set myself up as either."
Jack O'Connor