A long time ago I had a TCR aristocrat in 7mm mag. It was my first centerfire rifle. Bought it because it was darn good looking and I wanted a "deer rifle."

I think 7mm mag is too much for that action. If you buy that set, I'd stay away from the 7mm barrel.

I didn't know much about break action single shots back then. I only shot factory ammo but opening the action was often stiff. I think the primer was sometimes protruding slightly back into the firing pin hole and locking up that action. I'd have to use a lot of force to open the action "briskly". Then it would rebound against stop. Eventually I bent the forearm frame a little.

I bought a new forearm and a .243 barrel and used that several years. It worked fine. Eventually I wanted the pretty aristocrat forearm to work so I sent it and the 7mm barrel back to TC. They fixed it but It would still lock up with 7mm so I sold it.

They are pretty rifles. Nice blueing and wood. I really liked the set trigger. The safety never bothered me. It's a little different but not hard to get accustomed to.

I've seen them for sale occasionally. They are still darn good looking, but now I know good looks isn't everything. But at that price... I'd buy that set you found in a heart beat.

Circles