I have a budding Marlin collection and it is in need of a .35 Remington chambered specimen. Fortunately I was able to locate a rifle locally which happens to be a 1951 half mag waffle top. The wood and metal are in very good condition and the owner/seller is the original owner. The only issue that I can identify is the fact that it is drilled and tapped.

So, the weird part (maybe it’s not weird but it seems like it, you tell me what you think) is that two of the D&T holes are 2/3 the way back from where barrel meets atop the receiver and the other two D&T holes are atop the barrel just ahead of the receiver. Was this a common way to D&T back in the day on these models?

Besides the negative effects on value are the any other negatives regarding this style of D&T job?

What value would you place on this rifle in this condition? Call the wood 95% or better and the steel/blue 95% or better. All as it was from the factory besides the D&T job.

I’m most likely purchasing either way as I feel the price is right. Just wondering about the above questions as I am not an authority on these.

Last edited by MarkFed; 12/27/20.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!