My best fishing buddy passed away from cancer a little over a year ago and I miss him dearly but I’m grateful for the hilarity that he and I enjoyed. He and I decided to meet up with a friend of his that was with a group of old farts doing their annual week long Seiku trip. My buddy and I fished by ourselves and only joined the old farts when they woke up from their 2nd or 3rd nap of the day, usually in the evening. On the second night after another day of catching our limits of salmon and running to the ocean for rockfish I took a shower and then joined the old guys around the fire while they drank expensive wine and bitched about not catching anything worth keeping. We casually mentioned that we got into plenty of fish and had extra gear and we’d be happy to help them get into the fish. I guess the old guys didn’t want to hear from us youngsters (early 40’s) and preferred to get skunked which didn’t bother me since it’s more time spent messing around and less time with lines in the water but I always try to be helpful. The conversation slowly went from bitching about the fishing to bitching about their aches and pains and surgeries. I’ve had aches and pains and as many surgeries as most of them but I don’t talk about it and obsess over it. I was about 8 or 10 Platinums into my evening warm up when the aches and pains conversation became an Obama stroke fest, I finally decided that their campfire wasn’t for me and my buddy understood my thoughts when he caught the look in my eyes. I grabbed my beer and my chair and told them that most men would be talking about fishing or hunting or women or guns or sports but you nutless wonders are bitching about your little aches and pains while sipping wine, commenting like queers about the fruity and nutty notes while giving Obongo a blow job.

For the next 3 days after we were done fishing I’d display our catch, laid out on big folding tables that served many functions but primarily were used for our assembly line cleaning station.

Age is less of an impediment than attitude. I’ve always gotten along well with older guys because they were too old to deal with bullshit, their words were unvarnished and they called a spade a spade.....which I appreciate.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~