Originally Posted by Seafire
if you are use to doing it, why skip it? skipping isn't going to hurt nothing...

I should add an addendum that I NEVER trim the length of brass, new or range pick up, until the rifle tells me it needs trimmed...

Seafire, the statement, "until the rifle tells me" will go straight over their heads. Most do not realize just how long a chamber is.

ON the Lapua, I neck size the brass for uniformity. Otherwise, your follow up load may have more/less grip on the bullet...adds some uniformity on your loading to begin with.

Also, most will only de burr a case mouth. The case mouth Chamfer is a funnel that acts as a bullet starter. So, I put a heck of a deep chamfer on the case mouth. Some time ago, the ill informed internet goo roos started a rumor that deep chamfers would cause case necks to split, and this is pure BS. The deep chamfer helps get the bullet started straighter as the base of a bullet does not get cocked on the edge. If you pay close attention, you can really feel how much easier the heavier chamfered case mouths start the bullets.