My old blue female was the most possessive, protective dog I've ever owned. She was a big baby who let both boys as babies use her as a pillow daily, but would hammer anyone who came in her yard, or worse house.
.At a rodeo one day she busted out the escape window in the living quarters on the bed, jumped out the window and bit my buddy who "snuck" behind my trailer to take a wizz. After the first 2 or 3 bites, she must have realized who he was and walked over and lay down under the chair I was sitting in under said buddy's awning. We were both 10-12 beers in at that point and just laughed. He tried like hell to kick her away before he got bit, but no luck. From that day on, he could walk in my house or trailer and she wouldn't even look at him.

Need to start looking for a new one, too many folks breeding "soft" ones here in Pennsylvania, would like to get a good working stock bred one.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"