For the features and clarity, I put a Cabelas house brand on mine...Their Covenant series..

it was $200. 30 mm tube, like 4 x 16, MOA reticle...

I'm shooting sage rats on a 1.5 acre yard, where I have CA neighbors, with their Oregon Ranchettes.

The VMax ammo doesn't ricochet, but I want to have a big site picture because other houses nearby...

so I can visually make a sage rat look like the size of a cat in the reticle on 8 to 10 power. and the Ruger 77/17 is accurate enough to place a round right in the ear if need be.

and people may say, yeah but its a Cabelas scope....well on a 17 HMR and on a heavy barrel Ruger.. there isn't any recoil to shake things apart...
So far its given 3 years of service, but has killed 1000s of Sage rats ( not on my property, only a couple hundred)..

The 30mm tube makes a big difference when you have the eyes of a 68 yr old... I took off a 4 x 16 Weaver, that the Cabelas replaced.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez