Dave Skinner: Over the last 50+ years (actually 62 years now that I take time to figger!) of handloading for Rifles I came to realize that just because bullets" have to "jump" some to get to the leades of the rifling DOES NOT automatically make those bullets/cartridges "inaccurate"!
I own dozens of Rifles (factory Rifles!) that have throats longer than I would prefer and even though the bullets in them "jump" a lot they still attain for me good to excellent accuracy.
In my hoard of 204 Ruger heavy barrel factory Rifles I easily obtained EXCELLENT accuracy from all of them with little attention/concern as to "bullet jump".
These Rifles include:
Ruger #1-V S/S
Ruger 77 V/T (2 of these)
Remington 700 VLS
Remington XR-100 (4 of these)
H&R Handi-Rifle
And by the way I had to switch over all my 204's to the relatively short 32 grain Sierra BlitzKing bullets due to scarcity of my preferred Berger 35 grain bullets.
I am glad your 204 Ruger Rifle perked up and started shooting well - and if I read your posting correctly your experience coincides with mine (the 32 grain bullets shooting as well as the 39 grain BlitzKings/longer bullets).
I have as yet to come across a quality Rifle in caliber 204 Ruger that was "inaccurate"!
In other words I am saying the 204 Ruger is an inherently accurate cartridge!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy