Last year, I took my old .280 Rem and had it re-chambered to a 1:7.5 twist 25-06 for my son’s HS graduation present. I was basically building it for the 131 Ace Blackjacks…which sold out the instant I found a decent load of course. I’ve been trying to get some for about a year now, but no dice.

I was very pleased to see Berger announce the 135 Long Range Hybrid Target bullets,…as well as the 133 Elite Hunters.

The 133s aren’t out yet, but I recently managed to get my hands on some of the new, 135s. Loaded some up last night and headed out to the desert this morning.

55 grains of Retumbo printed me several groups just over a half inch. No signs of pressure at all. Didn’t have chronograph with me, but assuming they follow similar data as the 131 Ace BJs, the 135 Bergers should be clocking right at 3,000.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experiences with this new bullet given there was so little data out on them thus far. I’m excited to see Berger pushing the .257 boundaries a bit.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.