I have ALWAYS wanted a Colt Woodsman Match Target pistol!
I first began craving one way back in 1963 when I saw my first one at Warshals Sporting Goods Store in Seattle, Washington.
I was only 16 years old at the time but the nice counterman let me handle (fondle!) it. I remember being amazed at how beautiful it was and "intriguing" it was to me (never having owned a pistol).
I remember the price being in the low $80.00 range and what an enormous amount that was to a high school sophomore with only a part-time job as a busboy.
Anyway I picked up the ammo I needed and headed for the bus stop and the ride home - but I vowed someday I would own a Colt Woodsman Match Target.
Years go by and I finally get of legal age and have some money but by then the Match Targets were starting to get, what I thought to be, even more pricey.
More years go by and seems that every year the nifty little Colt Match Targets got more expensive.
Then in 1977 Colt discontinued the Woodsman series and prices really started to inflate.
Came close on several occasions to "closing the deal" on a Match Target it just never came together - mostly price issues.
Finally yesterday on a gun buying excursion I came across an absolutely MINT Colt Woodsman Match Target with my preferred 6" barrel (1973 manufacture).
I mean this thing is pristine!
I can find NO flaws in or on it.
The gun was part of an estate being handled by a gunshop owner friend of mine and we eventually came to terms with each other.
He was a bit "lenient" with me because in addition to buying the Colt Match Target I also bought what appears to be an unfired Smith & Wesson Model 63 revolver and a pair of Leupold scopes from that estate.
Anyway I am just on cloud nine and even though it took me 58 (fifty eight) years to check this one off of my "bucket list" I could NOT be happier.
Only downside is the pistol is so perfect I don't think I could ever bring myself to shoot it.
Pride of ownership will likely give me a great enough amount of satisfaction with it?
We'll see.
Anyone else have a rimfire pistol or Rifle on their "bucket list" that they are seeking out?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy